How about updating the new version of Skyrim with a dream to play it but failing to launch a game due to SKSE64 not working after the update? Terrible right! If you face the same issue and looking for SKSE64 not working fix, you have landed at the right place. Because we are here with a complete solution to all the related errors and their reasons so, keep reading!
SKSE64 stands for Skyrim Script extender, and it is a modding tool used to develop different modes of Skyrim. Although SKSE64 is a definite tool, gamers still face severe issues like SKSE64 not running SkyUI, multiple errors, and also face difficulty in launching the game. Moreover, there can be multiple reasons due to SKSE64 not working after the update.
Reasons for Which SKSE64 Not Working Error Occurs
- The presence of a firewall in windows hinders the game’s connections with a server, due to which the game is incapable of launching smoothly.
- Anti-virus software or windows defender is installed in windows that are blocking the game SKSE64 from playing. The reason behind this is that these window defenders take Skyrim as a threat.
- Updating the Skyrim game to a newer version also causes trouble in running the game. In such a case, you should consider updating SKSE. Otherwise, it is better to lay off the game to the previous version.
- Installed Mods are causing the problem because when you update the game, you have to update the mods and match with the compatibilities.
How to Fix SkSE64 Not Working Issue?
Before jumping to detailed solutions, it is a primary recommendation to restart your computer. By doing so, your operating system will get refreshed and erase all corrupted data. Restarting the computer always helps to fix software issues.
1. Turn Off Antivirus Software
If you use windows security then,
- Select ‘Start Button’
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Tap ‘Update and Security
- Click on ‘Windows Security’
- Go to ‘Virus and Threat Protection
- ‘Manage Settings’
- Switch off the ‘Real-Time Protection’
In case if the problem is still not solved, then you can jump to solution number 2.
2. Give Firewall Access
The firewall present in windows blocks the game and ultimately makes it impossible for you to connect the game with the server. Therefore, follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve this issue:
- Open the start menu and click on ‘Settings.’
- In settings, select an option of ‘Update and Security.’
- Click the ‘Windows Security’ option on the left of the windows.
- Select ‘Firewall and Network Protection Option.’
- Then click on the ‘Allow an Application through Firewall’ option.
- Now to grant the permission by clicking on ‘Change the settings option.’
- Click on the ‘Private and Public’ option to allow Skyrim and related applications.
- Also, do not forget to allow the ‘Steam.’
- Now press the ‘OK’ button and play Skyrim to see if the problem of Skse64_loader. not working gets fixed or not.
If the problem is not fixed, then you can try other fixes to solve the problem.
3. Setup Skyrim On Antivirus Software And Windows Defenders
- Click on the start menu and open ‘Settings.’
- Select the option of ‘Update & Security.’
- Look at the left of windows, and select the option of ‘Windows security.’
- Click the ‘Virus and Threat Protection
- Within the virus and threat option, go to ‘Manage Settings’
- Look below on windows, and click on the ‘Exclusion.’
- Under the heading of ‘Exclusion,’ select the ‘Add or Remove an Exclusion’ option.
- Click on ‘Add an Exclusion’ and go to the ‘Folder Option.’
- Then add the folder of Skyrim installation.
Now, run the game of Skyrim and finds if the SkSE64 not working fix works for you or not. If the problem persists, then you can try the next solution.
4. Rollback The Version Of The Game
- First of all, open the browser and move the Steam database site.
- Then go to the search bar and search for ‘Skyrim.’
- Now type the number of ‘APPID’ similar to the entry of ‘The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’
- When you click this number, the new page will open, where you can find the ‘Depot’ option.
- After that, click the ‘Skyrim Special Edition exe’ option.
- Then you have to write the number under the section of ‘ID.’
- Further, when you click on this number, a new page will open.
- On that page, you have to select the ‘Manifest’ option.
- Lastly, you have to write down the older number of the last released update. For instance, if the update was released four days back, then you have to enter the number listen before four days.
5. Apply The Changes
- After all these steps, go to the desktop and right-click the ‘Steam launcher’ shortcut option.
- Click on the ‘properties’ option.
- In the ‘Target box,’ type the ‘Console’ after the earlier written text. Then leave without space.
- Click ‘Apply’ and later ‘OK’. Now, the changes you have made in earlier steps are applied.
- Further, open the ‘steam folder’ through a shortcut, and click on the ‘console’ option.
- Here, you have to type ‘Download depot’, which acquires your App ID number, and press enter.
- Once the older version downloaded, it will appear on the ‘console’ option.
- Then go to the downloaded folder and copy the executable downloads.
- Then, ‘Copy and replace’ it in the folder for game installation. Now your game is turned back to the older version.
Now see if the problem of SKSE64 not working after an update is solved or not by running Skyrim. If the problem still stands, then switch to the last fix.
Impair Defective Mods
Look for the updates first. If updates are available, then update the mods. If not, then disable the mods by following these steps.
- Open the ender scroll game, enter the menu.
- From there, select the Mods option.
- Disable the problematic Mods.
Now restart the game and find if the game is working or not.
- Fix HDCP Compliant Display Error
- Fastmeet APK Free For PC Download
- What Is https://aka.ms/remoteconnect Minecraft Error?