How to Make Custom Discord Emojis
Currently, we live in a world in which, thanks to the rapid advancement of technology and the great use we make of it, we have become dependent on certain electronic devices and many of the functions they have. Among these devices, we can highlight cell phones, computers, etc. Leaving what would be material and going more virtual, we have the famous and well-known emojis, which are currently essential when starting a virtual conversation. However, they can not only be used in conversations but also they are commonly used in any online interaction.
Emojis are pictures or representations used to express an idea, emotion, or feeling in any digital media. They express facial languages, signals in the shapes of expressions, and persons.
They can still represent foods, objects, plants, places, animals, activities, and any other association. These have been present on our mobile phones since 2010 and are used mostly in electronic messages, websites, and digital communications, and are present in all instant messaging applications.
Emojis became a new form of expression, a different way to communicate. They are so necessary that most platforms or digital services allow the option of using them to feel more comfortable when expressing themselves on that platform.
Some gaming platforms or servers have even gone further and offered the alternative of customizing these emoticons to each user’s taste so that they can use them within the said platform.
Discord is one of these platforms that allows you to customize and create your emoticons, here we will teach you, and we will give you the steps to achieve it. These emoticons are uploaded images or photos uploaded to the page so that they can use them as emojis.
How to Make Custom Emojis in Discord with Computer, PC, or MAC?
First of all, you need to download and know Discord. This platform has a bluish icon that has a smiling video game control.
Now, yes, the steps to create custom emoticons in Discord:
- Open the Discord platform by clicking on the Discord icon.
- You will need to choose a server. All servers can be found on the left side of the screen. You have to know that the emoji you create will only appear on the server on which you created it, so consider that before making your choice (if you try to upload an emoji that you have downloaded from another Discord server, you will receive a message from error).
- Proceed to click on the downward-pointing arrow on the right side of the server name. After doing so, a drop-down list will appear.
- Select “Server Settings.” You can easily recognize it since it has a gear icon.
- Click on the Emoji Tab. You can see it in the left column.
- Click on the blue button that says “Load Emoji.”
- Select the emoji on your desktop and upload it by clicking the button that says “Open.” By doing this, the emoji will automatically upload to the server you selected previously.
- Once you have uploaded the emoji to your server, you will have the possibility to change the name in the special field.
- You must click on the cross icon to exit and return to your calling channel.
- Click on the emoji button in the lower right corner of the space to write, and you can see the new emoji that will have appeared under the name of the server.
These are all the steps you must take to create your custom emoji. However, it is important to keep in mind that you will only be allowed to upload up to 50 emojis on the same server. Of course, this depends on Nitro Boots’ level that said server has. If its level is higher than normal, you could upload more emojis. An advantage that you will have is that you would get what is known as a “Global Passport,” which means that you could use the emojis you create wherever you want.
Take help from images
Best Way to Classify Them
The names you give your custom emojis must be two characters long, containing only alphabetic characters, numbers, or underscores.
The size of the emojis must be less than 256kb. We recommend that you use images of at least 128×128 pixels for best results since these will be modified resizing to 32×32 pixels at the time you upload it.
Before you upload the emoji, it must already prepare, and it must have the square dimensions which belong to the format compatible with this platform. We suggest using an application whose function is to create emojis for free. You mustn’t forget that these emojis are very small and that you will not observe the details that it contains closely.
There is an option to create animated emojis. However, it is only available to users who own Discord Nitro. Without nitro, it would not be possible to use this function.
How to Add Custom Emojis on Discord (Mobile Phone)?
There is a Discord application on OS made specifically to look the same as the desktop version. With this mobile application, you can always be connected to your Discord channels, and of course, it can be much more comfortable for some users. The procedure for adding the emoticons is the same as previously explained.
However, if you do not want or cannot download this application and prefer to use Discord in your phone’s browser, you must follow the following steps:
- First, you will need to open your mobile phone’s browser.
- Go to Discord and type the following; “Discordapp.com,” this address will redirect you to the website.
- In the Safari browser (for example), a button on the left side of the address bar says “AA” that you must press.
- Select “Request desktop site” from the drop-down menu that will appear after performing the previous step.
- Scroll down the page and click on the button that says “Sign up now.”
- Enter your email address (email) and password.
- Proceed to click where it says “Start Session.”
If you continue to use the mobile version of the website, you will not customize your server settings. Therefore, you will not be able to add custom emoticons.
Once you have logged into your account, you will have to follow the same steps as in the desktop version, which in summary would be: choose a server in the left sidebar, touch the icon of the arrow pointing down that is Next to the name of the server, tap the “Server Settings” button that will appear in the drop-down menu, tap the emoji button, and continue according to the list already explained before.
A recommendation that we give you is that you create a folder before loading the emojis so that it is easier for you to find the emoticons on your phone. This folder can save in the gallery or your mobile phone documents.
You should also know that you can change your emoji name as soon as the list with the emojis appears. When you’re done, try your new emoji in a chat and share it.
It does not matter what choice you have when creating your personalized Discord emoji, whether through the mobile application, your pc, your computer, or your phone’s mobile browser. The process to create custom emojis and add them to your list of emojis so that you can share them in your chats, will always be very simple. Plus, it doesn’t take much time, it’s easy and fast.
A suggestion from us is that you always have this guide of steps at hand so that you do not have any difficulties when it comes to addressing this topic.