We are sure that if you are here, it is because you are looking for the Best Second Monitors for iMac 27. That is why we must bear in mind that monitors are an important part of our computer since it is the one that shows us the images. But sometimes we are not satisfied with our monitor, and we need to buy another to feel more comfortable.
IMac is one of the best computers that Apple has on the market with great technology. However, even though they offer large screens, some people are not pleased with it, and that is when they look for other options. Either because the monitor is too small for them or because they need a second monitor. That is why we will provide you with the best second monitors for iMac 27.
Benefits of the Second Monitor:
Keep in mind that multiple benefits having two monitors can offer you. One of them is higher productivity; studies show that productivity increases between 20 to 40% since two tasks can do simultaneously. While one side can be programming, the other can be coding, no problem. This way, you avoid mistakes, and you don’t waste time opening and closing tabs. Even if you are a gamer, you can better view the battlefield and your enemies.
Following, many jobs require some information to be copied and pasted from two different tabs. A dual monitor allows you to have much more concentration, since, on one monitor, you can have Word open while on the other, you can have the mail or website open. And in this way, maintain a better concentration. And you can even hold a meeting employing a conference on one monitor and be taking note of what they say or what they want you to do on another.
Related: Best Monitors for Fighting Games
Top 5 Best Second Monitors for iMac 27 Reviews 2021
1. Acer B246WL Monitor with ErgoStand
With a super slim Full HD Panoramic screen with a 1920 x 1200 UXGA Wide resolution, the ACER brand brings us this new monitor. This is a 24-inch LCD monitor that offers one of the best displays a monitor can give with excellent 300 nit brightness. Its viewing angle is adjustable, and it also has speakers included. Not to mention its 100,000,000: 1 contrast ratio
It includes cables for its installation, and in case you prefer to install it on the wall, it also brings some excellent VESA brackets to facilitate the installation a bit. For its part, it contains great support to tilt and turn as required, in addition to its support that has adjustable height for greater comfort. Its response time is 6ms and includes 1 DVI (with HDCP), 1 VGA, 1 port for display.
It is ideal for viewing images and writing documents easily, and even to surf the internet without problems.
- The screen size is 24 inches and its screen type is LCD
- It has a large HD resolution of 1920 x 1200
- Contains a weight of approximately 13.0 pounds
- Its dimensions range from 21 inches long x 8.7 inches wide x 21.4 inches high
- Its aspect ratio is 16:10
- Has a refresh rate of 60 hertz
- Comes in only one available color: GRAY
- Allows you to adjust the angle according to the convenience of each user
- Provides razor-sharp 1920 x 1200 HD resolution
- Contains one of the best 300 nit brightness
- Provides a somewhat low resolution according to the opinion of various users
2. LG 27UD68-P Monitor with FreeSync
LG brings us to the market a monitor with one of the highest resolutions of the latest technology, 4K ultra HD of 3840 x 2160 with a size of 27 inches IPS UHD that includes FreeSync, although the latter is only when connected to visualization. With a large 99% SRGB color space offering superb quality for viewing images. Contains a pivot bracket for added handling.
This is still a great option for those dedicated to photography and editing due to the excellent color display reflected in their images. It contains a large number of controls that allow easy handling and adjustment of the monitor. You can adjust brightness, make the screen, or make image adjustments with just a few clicks.
It has about 14 options that allow you to open different windows at the same time and view them all at the same time. Besides, it is made with a great luxurious curvature design providing great support and durability.
- Has a 4K ultra HD screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 IPS
- Its aspect ratio is 16: 9
- The screen size is 27 inch
- Contains a weight of 10.8 pounds
- Its measurements range from 24.2 long x 7.3 wide x 17.9 high inches, respectively
- Only available in black
- Contains an excellent 99% sRGB color gamut being excellent for viewing images
- It is an excellent monitor with the highest resolution for people who are dedicated to design or simply photography
- Excellent field of brightness for greater visualization of colors
- Contains one of the best display frequencies of 1 ms
- It is speculated that their support is not as strong as they promise
3. Acer B246WL Widescreen Monitor
This is another of the many Acer brand monitors, although this one, in particular, has a 25-inch screen size. It has a full HD resolution of 1920 x 1200, being an IPS monitor that provides great images that will leave you stunned due to its high quality. Its response time is 4ms. It contains 2 included speakers with two watts for each speaker, giving you great resources.
It has display ports, 1 HDMI, and 1 VGA (display port, VGA, and audio cables included) for convenience. It provides an incredible great contrast ratio of 100,000,000: 1. Its response time is 4ms due to its great advanced technology.
It does not contain frames. Therefore it provides a fairly large viewing space that goes to each of its sides. Due to its great IPS technology, it has a liquid crystal for greater visualization of the color of the images. Therefore there will be no color difference when they change the angle and have a large percentage that is 100% in the sRGB color gamut.
- The screen size of this monitor is 25 inches
- Has a full HD resolution of 1920 x 1200
- Weighs fairly light compared to the others at 11.3 pounds
- The measurements of this monitor are 21.5 long x 8.17 wide x 20.94 long inches
- It is only in Black color
- It can turn 90 ° due to its great support
- Anti-edge technology
- Can be flipped at a 90 ° angle for convenience
- The high percentage of 100% color display to enjoy images and any content
- A fast response time
- They say that the resolution can reduce to 1920 x 1080
4. Lenovo Q24h-10 USB-C LCD Monitor
Among the Lenovo, a brand is this LCD monitor with 23.8 inches. With a great HD quality for its resolution of 2560 x 1440 and the best thing is that it has 3 edge-free sides giving you great vision up to an angle of almost 180 °.
Its update rate is between 75hrz and its fast response time is 4ms. It has at least two speakers with a quality of 3W and comes with the FreeSync system ideal for games that prevent interruptions.
It contains only one cable resource of power, data, video, and audio pass-throughs with up to 80W of power supply to devices. It has great anti-glare and anti-flicker technology for better handling. Besides, its blue light is low to avoid fatigue. Its sRGB color gamut is 90% for image display. Besides, with only one power cable, you can use it as a double monitor easily and safely.
- Contains an aspect ratio of 16: 9
- Provides a maximum full HD resolution of 2560 x 1440
- The screen size of this monitor is 23.8 inches
- The length of your measurements is 7.07 length x 21.38 width x 17.23 height in inches
- The weight of this monitor of 14.80 pounds being quite common
- Its refresh rate is 75Hrz, and its response speed is 4ms
- 180 ° angle of view with 90% sRGB color gamut
- Maximum full HD resolution for displaying high-quality images
- Provides 3 sides without any edge and a 180 ° angle
- FreeSync system to avoid interruptions in the video or the image while it is being used
- It does not tend to load perfectly on a MacBook
5. HP Pavilion 27xw 27-Inch Full HD Monitor
To finish the brand, HP provides us with this 27-inch LCD monitor with IPS. It has a full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 with a refresh rate of 60Hrz. Its aspect ratio is, like the others, 16: 9. Its panel is matte anti-reflective and contains LED lighting for when you are in the dark.
For its part, its response time is one of the fastest, with 8ms. Besides, it guarantees great color precision in images for greater satisfaction. Its design is slim and has both horizontal and vertical viewing with an angle of 178 °. Its configuration allows easy handling with a few clicks.
It has a contrast ratio of 100,000.00: 1, like the ones we named above, and a brightness of 200nits. Contains VGA and 2 HDMI ports with HDCP support for laptop or multiple monitor setups, for increased connectivity and accessibility. The downside is that, compared to the previous ones, its color gamut is only 72% on the sRGB scale.
- The size of its screen is 27 inches being among the largest monitors
- Its full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080
- Contains 100,000,000: 1 contrast and 200nit brightness
- The dimensions of this monitor 6.5 length x 24.51 width x 17.9 height in inches
- Its weight is quite light at 12.30 pounds
- It comes in a rather elegant color, White
- The refresh rate of 60Hrz and speed of 8ms
- Contains an HD resolution that allows viewing of 3.7 million pixels
- Its angle of view is 178 ° from where you want to see it
- The monitor does not allow mirroring as it is matte
- Requires USB-C to HDMI adapters for MacBook Pros 2016 or later
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Use Dual Monitors with iMac 27?
Although many people believe that this is very difficult, it is actually easier than it seems. You should only do:
- You must determine exactly the connectors of the second monitor
- Set all ports on your iMac at once
- In case your monitor does not have the necessary cables, you will have to buy some adapters
- Then, you must connect the new monitor to the iMac
- Proceed to go to settings to finish installing.
Can iMac 27 Be Used as an External Monitor?
It all depends on the kind of iMac you own. But in the iMac case that contains 27 inches, it has some requirements to be able to connect it. You must:
- 27-inch iMacs 2009 through 2010 are TDM-related via Thunderbolt or Mini DisplayPort (MDP)
- Each of the iMacs (21 to 27 inches) from mid-2011 to mid-2014 support TDM only through Thunderbolt.
- While iMacs from late 2014 onwards don’t support TDM at all.
What monitors are compatible with iMac?
If you are looking for iMac-compatible monitors, you are reading the appropriate information since each of the exhaustive monitors described above are the Best Second Monitors for iMac 27. Among them:
- ACER B246WL YMDPRZX
- LG 27UD68-P
- Acer BW257 mix
- Lenovo Q24h-10
- HP Pavilion
How many screens can an iMac support?
As explained on the Apple website, at least two screens of an ultra HD 4K quality or two 6K ultra HD screens can connect. Therefore, the answer is that you can connect up to two additional monitors to your iMac to visualize better the activities you need to do.
How do I connect two Macs wirelessly?
Apple’s technology is bigger than we think. Up to two displays can be connected wirelessly. Following these steps:
- On the first computer, you must enter AirPort, which is in the menu. And then open and enter to create a network. In the computer-to-computer option, select a name for your Ad-Hoc network and then choose the number of channels in the channel menu. You can also enter a password to make it private and then click accept.
- On the next computer, log back into AirPort. Then choose the desired computer for the network. It will search for the name of the network that I created earlier and select the menu. And once these connect, you can connect the other computer.
- It will proceed to do the same on the next computer. Login to my network and select the network I create. And from there you can have access to both computers.
There are times when a person acquires one but two, and that is where they must be selective when choosing which monitor to buy. That is why, if you go to the end, you will know the best options for the Second Monitors for iMac 27 and each of their specifications so that you can consider what you need and what you have to choose from.
More Monitors Guides: