AOC Monitor No Sound HDMI Problems Fix
Problems with sound on a PC are one of the most common problems that many users experience at some point. Among some problematic cases are issues with a lack of sound in front of an HDMI connection. Here we have compiled the most common problems, as well as the causes of each of them.
We also mention the most efficient way to check each of these problems and implement the appropriate solution. So, this information can be beneficial for many users to learn how to deal with these issues before getting too stressed.
Common Reasons Behind AOC Monitor No Sound
There are some pretty common reasons why a monitor may not be producing sound. The following problems are the leading causes that tend to happen in general.
- Configuration Problems: Sometimes, the configuration of Windows or the operating system used is not correct. Some configuration issues are related to drivers and compatibility with devices that play sound. Most of the configuration problems can be easily solved.
- Volume Levels: Different volume levels control different areas. The Windows operating system has a general volume level. Even each application used within Windows can also have its volume level. The monitor itself may also provide its volume control. This can confuse many users into thinking something has gone wrong when any of these volumes are low.
- Cable or Port Problems: The HDMI cable or monitor port can be damaged just like everything else. This can happen most of the time due to an accumulation of dust, moisture, or other corrosive and damaging factors.
How to Fix AOC Monitor No Sound HDMI Problems?
Sometimes it is not necessary to hire an expert to check some repairs. A set of quick and straightforward steps can be followed to avoid the main problems of no sound.
1. Checking the Sound Settings
A person who has Windows on his PC should go to the Windows notification area. In this case, it is always possible to find a speaker icon in this area. Here it should be clicked to check the name of the sound device that is currently being used. Some audio device is always used for sound.
Click on the white arrow to display the list of audio devices currently available on the PC. It would be best if you verified that you are using the appropriate audio device that you want to use.
You can also check the Windows sound options if the desired sound device does not appear in this list. This is one of the best ways to be able to find a problem related to the configuration.
Here you should choose the sound settings within the Windows notification area itself. To do this, right-click with the mouse on the speaker icon. If this icon does not appear, go to the control panel, enter Hardware and sound, and enter sound.
Here it is possible to verify all the devices that can reproduce sounds and each output of the PC that is not connected. On the chosen device, it is necessary to make a right-click to test the device. You can illuminate the bar on the right of each device to check its operation as it plays sound.
2. Volume Levels
Sometimes the problem lies in the volume at which a sound device is operating. So this means that the problem may not be in the settings area. Here it would be best if you also right-clicked on the speaker icon mentioned above.
Sometimes it is also possible to decrease or increase the volume for specific applications. This explains why some applications may produce sound while other applications are not heard. Even the Windows sound level might be at a high level.
However, some monitors have volume control. So the monitor volume control may be at a low level, even though the overall Windows volume is high. However, it is necessary to consider the differences and specifications of each monitor.
3. Check the Condition of the Cable
There is little chance of damage when the HDMI cable is in good condition. However, it can be beneficial to have a spare within reach. This is how you can test by replacing the current HDMI cable with another cable.
This allows you to quickly rule out if the problem is in the HDMI cable. It can also be an excellent option to have another monitor that can work with the HDMI cable. In the same way, it is also possible to detect if the problem is really in the monitor. It is not very rare that some monitors can be damaged, affecting only the sound.
You should also check that the monitor has speakers or that the speakers are connected. This seems quite obvious, and that is why it can happen constantly. Not all monitors are equipped with speakers. So you should check the characteristics of each monitor before purchasing any of them.
How Do I Enable HDMI Audio?
To enable the HDMI audio type, there are a few quick and straightforward steps to follow:
- The user needs to find the speaker or volume icon in the system tray next to the clock. Right-click on this icon.
- Once the drop-down menu opens, the playback devices option should be selected.
- Once the new window opens, the HDMI output device must be found. The user must have a suitable output device for HDMI audio. Once this device is found, right-click on it and select the enable option. It is also possible to enter properties and configure the “device usage.” In this way, you can choose to use this particular device, which option must be activated.
In most cases, HDMI sound problems are widespread and easy to solve. You need to know the specifications of this or any other monitor. Knowing every detail of the monitor allows you to avoid or deal with any sound issues efficiently.